Pages

FreePhoneLine ringtone problem

I am having an issue with my freephoneline account. I finally ported my home phone number from Bell to freephoneline and ditched Bell for good. Everything seems to work fine except that when people call my number (I've tested this myself from work too) they don't hear a ring tone. The call works fine, it actually rings at my house, but if I don't pick up quick enough, people will just hang up because they don't have a confirmation ring tone that they're call is working properly. I've contacted freephoneline but they don't seem to be much help. I will try contacting them again tonight, but I was hoping someone has experienced this issue already and knows how to resolve it.
Any help would be appreciated.

What ATA are you using, and what other routers/modems are in the mix ?
The ATA is a D-Link VTA-CV (unlocked Vonage ATA). My cable modem is a Motorola SB5101N and I can't confirm my router just yet (not replying from home), but I'm fairly certain it's a D-Link DIR-615.



FPL help - @fibernetics.ca They had an issue with the porting process that is now supposed to be resolved. Try to power cycle your modem-router-ata device, waiting for each one to turn on in that sequence (and making sure oyu updated the phone number in your ATA device with the new number and a 1 before the area code.

I'm having this issue too. My number was ported from Bell two weeks ago. I went throught 3 different ATAs with no difference. Fongo told me to enable port forwarding
Port numbers:
UDP 5060-6061
UDP 10000-20000
This didn't help either. Please post if you found a solution...otherwise i'm calling Fongo back.
 Apparently, Fongo is (finally?) aware of the problem and looking into it:
 http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6022&p=33054#p33054

resolved
 It has finally been resolved after a few more calls to bug fongo about it. So if you are having the same issue, I suggest you do the same thing I did and test the number without the ATA connected using only the software to see if you still have the same issue. Then try creating a new account to see if that one works fine, that way you have proof that it's not your setup, otherwise they like to blame the problem on your ATA whenever you contact them.

 http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r27453345-Other-freephoneline.c-fongo-issue



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.